Department of Biology
Independent Studies Students
I welcome undergraduate researchers in my lab.
If you are interested in Independent Studies or Honours research please contact me by email. I prefer students who intend to stay for two semesters rather than only one.
Undergraduate Research Studies in Biology: http://biology.mcgill.ca/undergrad/bluebook.html
Examples of topics that have been studied in my lab:
- Effects of predator-induced spine formation on competitive dynamics in rotifers
- Density-dependent dispersal of rotifers
- Differential effects of species and genetic diversity on community dynamics
- Allozyme analysis: its use in lab experiments with Brachionus calyciflorus as an effective method for identification of different strains
- Competition and coexistence between Brachionus calyciflorus and Brachionus rubens on a single food source
- Community interaction with exotic species – facilitation or resistance?